Oil Finish 50000
Natural vegetable oil-based Oil Finish is colourless and non-greasy.
It nourishes and protects your untreated or oiled woods (unvarnished and unwaxed).
It allows the wood to breathe and makes the surface resistant to stains and water.
On untreated or new wood:
The wood should be sanded, free from dust and dry. If desired, first stain your wood with Antiquing Stain Les Anciens Ébénistes.
On waxed wood :
First clean the surface with Wax remover Les Anciens Ébénistes, to remove any traces of wax. Sand and remove dust.
- Wear gloves and shake the container until the contents are well mixed.
- Apply one coat of Oil Finish to the prepared surface following the wood grain. The first coat is usually completely absorbed by the wood, however; sometimes a surplus layer will form on the surface. Should this happen, simply wipe it off with a clean, lint free cloth to ensure an even application.
- Let dry for 24 hrs then lightly sand the surface with 000 Steel Wool. Wipe clean.
- Apply the second coat, wiping off any excess product to achieve an even finish.
- It may take several days for the finish to dry completely and care should be taken during this time to ensure the treated surface remains intact.
When the surface becomes dull in frequently used places, lightly sand the surface with N°000 Steel wool, then apply Oil Finish as above.
For day-to-day care, use a vacuum cleaner and wipe with a damp floor cloth.
Do not use abrasive or aggressive products.
Cleaning: White spirit
Coverage: 1liter = ±15m² /±160 ft²
Size: Packaging : 1L or 2,5 litres
Drying time: 24 hours between coast, several days for complete drying